Podolski backs Löw: "Sometimes you scratch your nuts"
After Joachim Löw was caught with his hands down his trousers by TV cameras on Sunday, striker Lukas Podolski leapt to the Germany coach's defence...
Germany forward Lukas Podolski has defended head coach Joachim Löw's indiscreet scratch of his genitals, caught live by television cameras and seized on by social media, during the world champions' opening Euro 2016 match.
The 54-year-old Loew has been widely ridiculed on social media by Germany fans for absent-mindedly slipping his hands into the front of his trousers on the sidelines during Germany's 2-0 win over Ukraine on Sunday.
Joachim Lowe casually sniffing his balls😂 pic.twitter.com/NskSorQTRT— Football Funnys (@FootballFunnys) 12 June 2016
The German media has subtly dubbed the unfortunate incident in Lille 'Trousers-gate'.
But Podolski left reporters roaring with laughter at Tuesday's press conference by saying the German boss had just been doing what comes naturally.
"I believe 80 percent of you (journalists) and me as well, sometimes scratch your nuts from time to time," said the Galatasaray forward in Evian with a grin.
The Lille incident is just the latest sideline indiscretion from Löw, who has in the past been caught by cameras picking his nose during Germany games.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history