Podolski backs Löw: "Sometimes you scratch your nuts"
After Joachim Löw was caught with his hands down his trousers by TV cameras on Sunday, striker Lukas Podolski leapt to the Germany coach's defence...
Germany forward Lukas Podolski has defended head coach Joachim Löw's indiscreet scratch of his genitals, caught live by television cameras and seized on by social media, during the world champions' opening Euro 2016 match.
The 54-year-old Loew has been widely ridiculed on social media by Germany fans for absent-mindedly slipping his hands into the front of his trousers on the sidelines during Germany's 2-0 win over Ukraine on Sunday.
Joachim Lowe casually sniffing his balls😂 pic.twitter.com/NskSorQTRT— Football Funnys (@FootballFunnys) 12 June 2016
The German media has subtly dubbed the unfortunate incident in Lille 'Trousers-gate'.
But Podolski left reporters roaring with laughter at Tuesday's press conference by saying the German boss had just been doing what comes naturally.
"I believe 80 percent of you (journalists) and me as well, sometimes scratch your nuts from time to time," said the Galatasaray forward in Evian with a grin.
The Lille incident is just the latest sideline indiscretion from Löw, who has in the past been caught by cameras picking his nose during Germany games.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July