Gareth Bale using cryotherapy to prepare for Russia match
Wales striker Gareth Bale is preparing for the crunch final group stage match against Russia by freezing himself in a cryotherapy chamber.
Gareth Bale, Wales star striker at Euro 2016, is using cryotherapy as he aims to be in perfect form for Wales' crunch match against Russia.
A win for Wales will put them through to the knock-out phases, while a draw could be enough depending on the England - Slovakia result, and possibly results in other groups.
Cryotherapy involves temperatures below -100 degrees celsius
Whole body cryotherapy involves the individual being placed in a chamber with extremely dry air at lower than -100 degrees celsius for between two and four minutes. Either liquid nitrogen or highly refrigerated air are used to achieve the low temperatures.
Cryotherapy is believed to help the body recover by relieving soreness through reduced muscle metabolism, skin microcirculation, receptor sensitivity and nerve conduction velocity.
Bale two of Wales' three goals at Euro 2016
Bale posted the image of his preparation on his instagram account. He's scored two of Wales' three goals in the tournament, both from free-kicks, one against Slovakia, the other against England.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands