Barça, Valencia eye €10m full back Douglas Santos
The Liga clubs are running the rule over 22-year-old Atlético Mineiro player, who was in the Brazil squad at the Copa América.
Scouts from Camp Nou and Mestalla have fixed their attention on the same player and both clubs will have to beat the other to the signing of Atlético Mineiro full back Douglas Santos.
Although no formal offers have been tabled yet for the 22-year-old, the Brazilian club are keen to cash in on their asset according to media reports from Belo Horizonte.
Valencia were first to cast an eye over the Brazil international, and Barcelona recently joined the scouting fest as they seek a replacement for Adriano, who is expected to leave Camp Nou this summer.
Atlético Mineiro are in need of a cash injection and awaiting offers for Santos, who is valued at 10 million euros by the Brasileiro club.
Santos’ agent met with Barcelona scouts during a recent Brazil under-23 match and expects negotiations to be advanced in the coming days.
Santos was part of the Copa América squad that crashed out of the group stage but didn’t play a single minute as Dunga’s ship went down. The player signed for Granada in 2012 and went on loan to Udinese, but made just a handful of appearances in Europe before being loaned to, and subsequently bought by, Atlético Mineiro.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers