La Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday reported that Sime Vrsaljko has agreed to join Atlético Madrid, pending official confirmation from the Calderón and Serie A side Sassuolo.
According to La Gazzetta, the Croatia defender passed a medical in France, where he is on international duty at Euro 2016. Vrsaljko played the full 90 minutes in his country’s 2-1 win over Spain on Tuesday at left back, although he usually operates on the right and can also play in midfield.
AS reported recently that Diego Simeone had identified Vrsaljko as a target to provide competition for Juanfran at right back and to have a first-class back-up for the Spain international. After a spectacular season in Serie A Vrsaljko had offers from several clubs, including Napoli, but has elected to join Atlético.
La Gazzetta reported the fee for the transfer would be 16 million euros plus two more in add-ons. Vrsaljko will sign a four-year deal with the option of a fifth and join up with Simeone’s squad for pre-season after the Euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong