Rulli and Correa in Argentina's Olympic squad for Rio 2016
Tata Martino has named nine players who will form part of his definitive list. Argentina have landed in Group D with Portugal, Algeria and Honduras.
Argentina coach Tata Martino has included two players based in Spain in his preliminary list of nine players for next month’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Real Sociedad goalkeeper Gerónimo Rulli and Atlético de Madrid forward Ángel Correa are confirmed for Rio 2016 while at some point over the next few days, the AFA will announce the definitive list, with the inclusion of a further13 players.
Argentina, in Group D with Portugal, Algeria and Honduras, open their Olympic campaign against Portugal at the Olympic stadium on Thursday 4 August (18:00 hours local time, 14:00 hours in Spain). Three days later on Sunday 7th, at the same venue and the same time they face Algeria and conclude the group stage on Wednesday 10th at the Mané Garrincha Stadium in Brasilia against Honduras (13:00 hours BRT).
The nine players who will feature in the definitive list are:
Gerónimo Rulli (Real Sociedad)
Emanuel Mammana (River Plate),
Jonathan Silva (Boca Juniors/Sporting Clube de Lisboa)
José Luis Gómez (Lanús)
Mauricio Martínez (Unión)
Giovani Lo Celso (Rosario Central)
Leandro Paredes (Empoli)
Cristian Espinoza (Huracán)
Ángel Correa (Atlético de Madrid).
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen