Pitch invader at Portugal match tries to hug Cristiano Ronaldo
A pitch invader burst onto the field of play during the Poland - Portugal match and tried to hug Ronaldo before he was tackled and carried off.
A Portugal fan (from the looks of his face paint) burst onto the field of play during extra-time of the Poland - Portugal Euro 2016 quarter-final, with the score at 1-1. He made a bee-line for Cristiano Ronaldo and appeared to be trying to hug the Portuguese superstar, who was having an off night, having missed a number of decent chances.
Side-step from Ronaldo, pitch invader tackled
Ronaldo showed some neat footwork (some cruel voices on Twitter suggester it was his best move of the night) to dodge the pitch invader, who was then neatly tackled by a security guard.
The pitch invader was carried ignominously from the field of play.
Ronaldo recovered from the incident, and although he didn't score during open play, he converted his penalty in the shoot-out, which Portugal won 5-3 to book a place in the semi-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?