Aubameyang asking to triple his salary by joining Atlético Madrid
The Dortmund striker negotiated an annual salary of over four million euros in his last contract but is looking to take that to a completely new level if someone is willing.
Aubameyang is the second attempt for a new number nine position by the Madrid club. Just like for Diego Costa, Atlético have made an initial offer for the Dortmund striker only to see it rejected. However, the transfer fee is not the only challenge for the Spanish club.
The French-born Gabonese striker has made some exorbitant salary demands to any club who wants his services. His request is more than Diego Costa is being paid at Chelsea which amounts to just over nine million euros. Aubameyang's agent is looking for over 12 million euros for his star, three times that which he is being paid for his German club. Gil Marín and club officials aim not to do anything to endanger the financial balance and although they look to be positive about player investment and the future, this can't be without responsibility.
Aubameyang, 26, was named as the best player in the Bundesliga last season in which he scored 25 goals. Only Lewandowski scored more (30) for the champions, Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini