ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Vrsaljko arrives in Madrid to begin dream move to Atlético
Šime Vrsaljko arrived in Madrid on Sunday evening: "I'm happy, focused and prepared to give whatever is required to the team", the Croatian full-back told AS.Qarabag vs Atlético Madrid
Croatian right-back Šime Vrsaljko, Atlético de Madrid's second signing ahead of the 2016/2017 season, arrived at Madrid's Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas airport this evening. The player told AS: "I'm happy because I'm joining a real top side who work like one big family and I can't wait to start working with them myself".
One of the big pulling factors for the 24-year-old defender was to join a side who will be involved in next season's Champions League. Vrsaljko, who joins on a five-year deal from Sassuolo, explained: "My objective was to join a team who were playing in that competition and I am very happy, focused and ready to give the team whatever I can".
When asked whether he had spoken to former Atleti striker Mario Mandžukić, about what to expect in the capital and at the Calderón, he replied: "All he did was congratulate me".
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up