Mayoral set for Wolfsburg loan
The 19-year-old is to return to Madrid before flying out to Switzerland to join up with the Bundesliga outfit's pre-season preparations.
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
Striker Borja Mayoral is to fly back to Spain today from Real Madrid's pre-season preparations in Canada as he prepares for a loan move to Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg.
Forward to join up with Germans in Switzerland
A deal is thought to have been all but finalised for the 19-year-old, who after returning to Madrid is to jet off on Saturday to link up with Wolfsburg's training camp in the Swiss location of Bad Ragaz.
The Germans are scheduled to remain in Switzerland until 28 July, with Mayoral's maiden appearance for Die Wölfe expected to come the following day in a friendly against Sporting Lisbon.
Real hope he can emulate Carvajal and Co.
Madrid's aim is to see Mayoral, a prospect rated highly within the club, gain top-level experience at the Volkswagen Arena over the coming season.
Real coach Zinedine Zidane showed the faith he has in the player last term by giving him game time in important matches such as the capital derby against Atlético Madrid in February.
Los Blancos want him to follow in the footsteps of fellow youth products such as Dani Carvajal, Lucas Vázquez and Álvaro Morata, all brought back into the fold after proving themselves elsewhere.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?