Real Madrid reject Morata-Giménez swap deal - report
The Champions League winners are also said to have turned down a big-money offer from Chelsea for the Spain international striker.
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
Real Madrid have turned down a sensational summer swap involving Álvaro Morata and Atlético Madrid's José María Giménez, according to reports in Spain.
Real unwilling to let Morata leave
Radio broadcaster Cadena SER claims Atlético were keen on the striker, but Real - despite being admirers of defender Giménez - opted against such a deal as they want Morata at the Bernabéu next term.
Speaking on the programme 'El Larguero', the journalist David Alonso explained that club president Florentino Pérez and coach Zinedine Zidane both see Morata as an important addition to the first-team squad.
Morata, who departed Madrid for Italian champions Juventus in 2014, was bought back by Los Merengues for 30 million euros in June.
Big-money Chelsea bid knocked back
SER also says Real have rejected a 75-million-euro offer from Premier League side Chelsea for Morata, who today flies out to Canada to join Los Blancos' pre-season preparations.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass