Real Madrid reject Morata-Giménez swap deal - report
The Champions League winners are also said to have turned down a big-money offer from Chelsea for the Spain international striker.
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
Real Madrid have turned down a sensational summer swap involving Álvaro Morata and Atlético Madrid's José María Giménez, according to reports in Spain.
Real unwilling to let Morata leave
Radio broadcaster Cadena SER claims Atlético were keen on the striker, but Real - despite being admirers of defender Giménez - opted against such a deal as they want Morata at the Bernabéu next term.
Speaking on the programme 'El Larguero', the journalist David Alonso explained that club president Florentino Pérez and coach Zinedine Zidane both see Morata as an important addition to the first-team squad.
Morata, who departed Madrid for Italian champions Juventus in 2014, was bought back by Los Merengues for 30 million euros in June.
Big-money Chelsea bid knocked back
SER also says Real have rejected a 75-million-euro offer from Premier League side Chelsea for Morata, who today flies out to Canada to join Los Blancos' pre-season preparations.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?