Sané tells Schalke of exit wish just days after Real Madrid link
The young German international had seemed certain to join Manchester City, but the player's father has said that "Real Madrid still have opportunity..."
Young midfielder Leroy Sané has told Schalke 04 that he wants to leave, according to the club's sporting director, Cristian Heidel Winger.
"Leroy had made it clear," he told Sky Sports. "He would like to leave the club this summer. We're going to give our consent to a possible transfer, if [an offer] meets Schalke's conditions."
Sané's father: "Real Madrid still have opportunity"
The German international has been widely linked by the British and German press with a move to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City. However, in comments made on Monday to Sky Deutschland, the father of the player – Souleyman Sané – also assured that his son has the option of joining Real Madrid. “A deal hasn’t been made with anybody, and Madrid as well as Bayern Munich still have opportunities,” he said.
Sané was part of the German squad that reached the Euro 2016 semifinals earlier this month and scored eight goals in the Bundesliga last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?