Sané tells Schalke of exit wish just days after Real Madrid link
The young German international had seemed certain to join Manchester City, but the player's father has said that "Real Madrid still have opportunity..."
Young midfielder Leroy Sané has told Schalke 04 that he wants to leave, according to the club's sporting director, Cristian Heidel Winger.
"Leroy had made it clear," he told Sky Sports. "He would like to leave the club this summer. We're going to give our consent to a possible transfer, if [an offer] meets Schalke's conditions."
Sané's father: "Real Madrid still have opportunity"
The German international has been widely linked by the British and German press with a move to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City. However, in comments made on Monday to Sky Deutschland, the father of the player – Souleyman Sané – also assured that his son has the option of joining Real Madrid. “A deal hasn’t been made with anybody, and Madrid as well as Bayern Munich still have opportunities,” he said.
Sané was part of the German squad that reached the Euro 2016 semifinals earlier this month and scored eight goals in the Bundesliga last season.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?