TOUR DE FRANCE
Chris Froome falls during Stage 19 of the Tour de France
The current leader fell in difficult conditions during the descent on Mont Blanc but didn't lose much time as he changed onto the bike of teammate Geraint Thomas.
Chris Froome fell to the ground on the 19th stage of the Tour de France. The British cyclist, who is currently leading the event came off his bike when it slipped on some road paint which was all the more slippery due to rain.
The fall took place around the 15km mark but the two-time champion didn't lose much time as he hopped onto teammate Geraint Thomas' machine.
There are four ascents in the 146-km route through the Alps and Froome was not the only one to have difficulties. Bauke Mollema, sitting in second place, crashed at a roundabout. The stage ends with a tough climb towards Le Bettex and the Brit will be hoping he can maintain, or extend, his 3:52 lead.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?