TOUR DE FRANCE
Chris Froome falls during Stage 19 of the Tour de France
The current leader fell in difficult conditions during the descent on Mont Blanc but didn't lose much time as he changed onto the bike of teammate Geraint Thomas.
Chris Froome fell to the ground on the 19th stage of the Tour de France. The British cyclist, who is currently leading the event came off his bike when it slipped on some road paint which was all the more slippery due to rain.
The fall took place around the 15km mark but the two-time champion didn't lose much time as he hopped onto teammate Geraint Thomas' machine.
There are four ascents in the 146-km route through the Alps and Froome was not the only one to have difficulties. Bauke Mollema, sitting in second place, crashed at a roundabout. The stage ends with a tough climb towards Le Bettex and the Brit will be hoping he can maintain, or extend, his 3:52 lead.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp’s pulling power helped lure Thiago to Liverpool
- REAL MADRID Official: Gareth Bale completes Tottenham loan deal
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale: Tottenham confirm injury which delays return debut
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"