Zidane after beating Chelsea: "Morata's definitely staying"
Zidane spoke after Real Madrid beat Chelsea 3-2 and confirmed Morata would be staying and Jesé is in talks with PSG
Zidane speaks after Madrid beat Chelsea
Zinedine Zidane spoke after Madrid's victory over Chelsea (3-2) and was clearly pleased to get a win under the belt, after the defeat to PSG. "It was important to start strongly", said the Real Madrid manager, who admitted he was generally content with the team overall.
Ready for the Super Cup
Asked about the upcoming UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla on 9 August, Zidane said he thought the team looked good, and with 10 days and one more game to prepare (against Bayern Munich on Wednesday), the Real Madrid manager clearly feels they are in a good position.
State of the players
Marcelo's fine form continued, with the Brazilian picking up another two goals and setting up Mariano's wonder strike for the third. And Zidane admitted it made him "happy" just to watch him play. "He's the captain and he's showing the others what to do. "I'm delighted with the match he had", said Zidane.
Isco though didn't play and Zidane explained that he'd taken a knock and for that reason had missed the match, but that he hoped he'd be back for Wednesday's match.
Jesé in talks with PSG.
As to Jesé's absence Zidane gave a clear explanation for why the striker hadn't been on the park: "He's in talks with PSG, although nothing is signed yet".
Morata staying at Real Madrid
And while Jesé might well be leaving Zidane assured that Morata wouldn't be, when asked about Chelsea's interest in the striker: "He's a Madrid player, we're delighted with him. He's come home and he'll be staying this year".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics