Cristian Tello, Barcelona and Fiorentina have reached an agreement which will see the Sabadell-born winger spend the new campaign in Serie A on a year-long loan. At the end of the season, Fiore will have first option to buy the player for eight million euros. Tello is under contract with Barcelona until June 2018.
The 25-year-old, who doesn't feature in Luis Enrique's plans, has been training with the squad since the pre-season started and even travelled with the team to Saint George’s Park for the summer stage. But he hasn't been given a single minute in any of the team's friendlies - even last night's Trofeo Gamper meeting with Sampdoria although he was presented to the fans with the rest of the squad before kick-off - without a squad number.
Tello's case is similar to Martín Montoya's, who has been loaned out to Valencia.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team