Barcelona and Ajax strike a deal for Cillessen transfer
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona will fork out 13 million euros for the Netherlands keeper. Claudio Bravo may leave after Betis game.
Ajax’s Jasper Cillessen is set to become Barcelona’s new goalkeeper, according to a report in Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo. The Dutch international, 27, will sign a five-year deal at Camp Nou with Barcelona paying the Eredivisie side 13 million euros for the transfer.
The deal all but confirms Claudio Bravo’s departure from Barcelona, with the Chile keeper expected to sign for Manchester City where former Barça boss Pep Guardiola is seeking a new number one after dropping England stopper Joe Hart to the bench for his first three games in charge at the Etihad.
Cillessen was left out of the Ajax squad for this weekend’s game against Willem II to avoid the risk of an injury, although the Dutch club are considering fielding the keeper for the all-important second leg of their Champions League playoff round tie against Rostov on Wednesday, which is balanced at 1-1 after the opening match.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2