Nico Pareja commits to Sevilla until June 2019
The Argentine central defender would have been free to move to the club of his choice at the end of his previous arrangement, which was due to expire next summer.
Nico Pareja has extended his contract with Sevilla until June 2019, adding an extra two years onto his existing arrangement. Pareja, who joined Sevilla in the summer of 2013, would have been free to move to the club of his choice next summer, but has been a first choice in the side since Jorge Sampaoli took over the reins.
At the start of the summer there were a few doubts as to whether the Argentine centre-back would continue at the club. Sevilla were willing to listen to offers on the condition that Pareja found a deal which suited him. But the defender's impressive pre-season convinced both sides that the best option was for the player to stay. Pareja, who wore the captain's armband in Saturday's win over Espanyol, will give a press conference tomorrow.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"