Nico Pareja commits to Sevilla until June 2019
The Argentine central defender would have been free to move to the club of his choice at the end of his previous arrangement, which was due to expire next summer.
Nico Pareja has extended his contract with Sevilla until June 2019, adding an extra two years onto his existing arrangement. Pareja, who joined Sevilla in the summer of 2013, would have been free to move to the club of his choice next summer, but has been a first choice in the side since Jorge Sampaoli took over the reins.
At the start of the summer there were a few doubts as to whether the Argentine centre-back would continue at the club. Sevilla were willing to listen to offers on the condition that Pareja found a deal which suited him. But the defender's impressive pre-season convinced both sides that the best option was for the player to stay. Pareja, who wore the captain's armband in Saturday's win over Espanyol, will give a press conference tomorrow.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?