After captaining Brazil to Olympic gold this weekend, Barcelona star Neymar absolutely lost it with a critical fan during his side's lap of honour at the Maracana.
A visibly furious Neymar confronted the fan and took part in a heated exchange, with the Brazilian needing to be restrained by security and teammates. The video was published on the Instagram account of the magazine Ceara (@revistaceara).
It was far from a smooth ride to gold for Brazil. Neymar was roundly criticised and Brazil booed off as they were held to 0-0 draws by South Africa and Iraq in their opening two games. One young boy's decision to scratch out Neymar's name on the back of his shirt to replace it with captain of the Brazil women's team Marta went viral.
"Now they'll have to swallow what they said," said Neymar after the penalty shootout win in the final over Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August