After captaining Brazil to Olympic gold this weekend, Barcelona star Neymar absolutely lost it with a critical fan during his side's lap of honour at the Maracana.
A visibly furious Neymar confronted the fan and took part in a heated exchange, with the Brazilian needing to be restrained by security and teammates. The video was published on the Instagram account of the magazine Ceara (@revistaceara).
It was far from a smooth ride to gold for Brazil. Neymar was roundly criticised and Brazil booed off as they were held to 0-0 draws by South Africa and Iraq in their opening two games. One young boy's decision to scratch out Neymar's name on the back of his shirt to replace it with captain of the Brazil women's team Marta went viral.
"Now they'll have to swallow what they said," said Neymar after the penalty shootout win in the final over Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?