Odegaard dropped to under-21s by Norway for qualifier
"Martin can play two games with the under-21s and get some good training in there," said Norway coach Per-Mathias Hogmo.
Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard has been left out of the Norway squad for the World Cup 2018 qualifying match against Germany and a friendly against Belarus in the upcoming round of international fixtures.
Odegaard, who spent last year at Castilla and spent the pre-season with Zinedine Zidane’s senior squad, has instead been called up for the under-21s, who play Bosnia-Herzegovina and England in qualifiers for the European Championship at that age level.
"Thinking about Germany"
“We selected the squad thinking about the game against Germany,” said Norway manager Per-Mathias Hogmo. “Martin can play two games with the under-21s and get some good training in there.”
"We believe in Martin"
Hogmo denied that Odegaard’s proposed loan move to Stade Rennais had influenced his decision. “Martin is a player we really believe in, I think everyone knows that. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.”
Norway face Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and San Marino in Group C of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?