Australia's Faulkner claims hat-trick in Sri Lanka ODI
The left-arm all-rounder became the sixth Australian to complete a hat-trick in one-day internationals in Colombo on Wednesday.
All-rounder James Faulkner became the sixth Australian cricketer to claim a hat-trick in one-day internationals, achieving the feat in the second match against Sri Lanka in Colombo on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old left-arm bowler got his first wicket when he trapped Kusal Perera leg-before with the final delivery of his eighth over.
He returned to dismiss Angelo Mathews with the first delivery of his ninth over, getting the rival captain caught at long-off, and bowled Thisara Perera with his next ball to complete the hat-trick.
Faulkner, whose 4-38 in the first one-dayer earned him the man-of-the-match award and helped Australia take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series, finished with figures of 3-45.
Sri Lanka still managed to post a challenging 288.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?