Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué has ridiculed Real Madrid’s “easy” passage to the Champions League final last season in a question and answer session on his official Twitter page.
After inviting followers to ask him questions with the hashtag #askPique, one fan enquired about his preferences for the Champions League draw which takes place on Thursday. Pique, who’s been known to throw a taunt or two at Real Madrid through social media, didn’t hesitate in responding with a thinly-veiled gibe at Barcelona’s major rival.
“Easy Group. Second Round v 3rd best Italian team, Quarters against 8th best German team, Semis against 4th best English team. Second-leg always at home,” mocked Pique in his tweet.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team