Granada suspend Angulo after testing positive for cocaine
Conmebol notified the Spanish side after a positive test post Copa Libertadores match and the club has taken the decision to suspend the Ecuadorian player.
New Granada signing José Angulo, who moved recently to the Andalusian side from Copa Libertadores finalists Independiente del Valle, has tested positive for cocaine after a random test following a Copa Libertadores game and could face up to a two year sanction. Granada have taken the decision to suspend his contract with the LaLiga club pending the result of a follow up test.
The Andalusian based club issued a communique this evening stating:
“Granada CF inform that they have been contacted via Conmebol (South American Football Federadion) which confirms that José ‘Tin’ Angulo tested positive following a routine test. The result was following a test carried out when the player was with Independiente del Valle following a Copa Libertadores tie last season.
Granada CF have informed José ‘Tin’ Angulo that his contract has been suspended pending the outcome of a follow up test whose results will be made known in the forthcoming days. The club hopes that the outcome is favorable in the interests of our player”.
21 year Angulo was one of the stand-out's as the small Ecuadorian based club reached the final of the Copa Libertadores. He was signed on a five year deal after Granada paid four million euro for 70% of his rights.
Just a few years ago another Granada player, Dani Benítez was also found guilty for testing positive with cocaine after a Granada-Betis game played on February 16 2014. He was suspended by the league for two years and released by Granada. Last February he joined second division outfit AD Alcorcón and has just moved to Galician based 2B side Racing de Ferrol.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?