REAL MADRID - CELTA
James could play his last game for Madrid against Celta
If the Colombian is an unused substitute on Saturday he could hand in a transfer request. Chelsea and Arsenal are both interested.
As things stand, James Rodríguez has decided that he wants to stay at Real Madrid and is not considering a move away from the club. Nevertheless, that decision could hang on what happens in Los Blancos' next league game against Celta in the Benabéu (20:15 CET). If James remains an unused substitute by Zidane in Madrid's first home game of the season, the Colombian could change his mind and push for a transfer before the summer window closes on 31 August. As a result, the game against Celta could be James’s last in a Madrid jersey.
Zidane has recommended James leaves the club, and only the insistence of the player and those at the top will keep him at the Bernabéu. Chelsea and Arsenal are two potential suitors and, in fact, in the English press there have been reports this week that Abramovich would be willing to part with the 70 million euros to sign the attacking midfielder.
Yesterday there were reports in Italy that James’s lawyers were in Turin looking for a house for the Colombian ahead of a move to Juventus. That said, the claims were roundly denied by those close to the player. Juventus have been interested in hiring his services for a number of weeks but a deal has been stalled by the midfielder's price tag, particularly after the Italian club paid 90 million euros for Higuaín.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022