Granada begin search for another striker to replace Angulo
Granada have suspended the player's contract until they gain the results from follow-up tests on Monday or Tuesday.
José 'Tin' Angulo is no longer taking part in Granada's training sessions. The Ecuadorian striker participated in the mini-practice match on Thursday before learning of the contents of a communiqué which CONMEBOL sent to Granada, which included the results of a doping control he underwent after the Copa Libertadores while he was still at Independiente del Valle. Granada have suspended his contract until they learn the results of follow-up tests which could be known on Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, they have started looking for a sustitute.
Coach Paco Jémez had Sergi Samper and Andreas Pereira available for yesterday's session. The former, recently completed his loan arrangement from Barça while the latter is a Brazilian midfielder who owns a Belgian passport and who has joined on a one-year loan from Manchester United.
Granada also completed the transfer of Israeli right winger Omer Atzili from Beitar Jerusalem who joins for a fee of around 750,000 euros. He is expected to arrive in Spain in the next few hours.
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto94Passes
*Update 27 de agosto de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"