Granada begin search for another striker to replace Angulo
Granada have suspended the player's contract until they gain the results from follow-up tests on Monday or Tuesday.
José 'Tin' Angulo is no longer taking part in Granada's training sessions. The Ecuadorian striker participated in the mini-practice match on Thursday before learning of the contents of a communiqué which CONMEBOL sent to Granada, which included the results of a doping control he underwent after the Copa Libertadores while he was still at Independiente del Valle. Granada have suspended his contract until they learn the results of follow-up tests which could be known on Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, they have started looking for a sustitute.
Coach Paco Jémez had Sergi Samper and Andreas Pereira available for yesterday's session. The former, recently completed his loan arrangement from Barça while the latter is a Brazilian midfielder who owns a Belgian passport and who has joined on a one-year loan from Manchester United.
Granada also completed the transfer of Israeli right winger Omer Atzili from Beitar Jerusalem who joins for a fee of around 750,000 euros. He is expected to arrive in Spain in the next few hours.
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto94Passes
*Update 27 de agosto de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong