Rossi: Fiorentina boss confirms striker set for Celta Vigo
Paulo Sousa told a news conference on Saturday that the former Villarreal and Levante man has agreed to join the Galician club.
Fiorentina boss Paulo Sousa has confirmed that Italian striker Giuseppe Rossi is on the brink of completing a move to LaLiga outfit Celta Vigo.
Sousa: Rossi has an agreement with Celta
Speaking on Saturday, Sousa explained: "Our sporting director, [Pantaleo] Corvino, has told me that Jaime Baez has an agreement with Spezia and Rossi with Celta".
The 29-year-old, deemed surplus to requirements by the Serie A side's Portuguese coach, is expected to join the Galicians on season-long loan deal.
Rossi no stranger to LaLiga
Rossi, who has won 30 Italy caps, has previous experience of Spanish football, having spent the second half of last term at Levante, where he scored six goals in 17 appearances.
The ex-Manchester United, Newcastle United and Parma man also enjoyed a successful spell at Villarreal between 2007 and 2013 that saw him net 82 times in 192 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis