João Mário shatters transfer record in Inter move
Portugal's international midfielder João Mario has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Lisbon for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced.
Portugal international midfielder João Mário has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Clube de Portugal for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced on Sunday.
In a statement the club said Saturday the deal was "a record figure for a transfer of a Portuguese Primeira Liga player" - exceeding previous deals for Renato Sanches, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Fábio Coentrão.
Mário, 23, an attacking midfielder, was part of the Portugal side which won Euro 2016 in France in July and has been capped 18 times for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"