João Mário shatters transfer record in Inter move
Portugal's international midfielder João Mario has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Lisbon for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced.
Portugal international midfielder João Mário has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Clube de Portugal for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced on Sunday.
In a statement the club said Saturday the deal was "a record figure for a transfer of a Portuguese Primeira Liga player" - exceeding previous deals for Renato Sanches, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Fábio Coentrão.
Mário, 23, an attacking midfielder, was part of the Portugal side which won Euro 2016 in France in July and has been capped 18 times for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA