14 Real Madrid players could be affected by the ‘FIFA Virus’
Zidane’s biggest focus will be on Casemiro, Marcelo and James, who will return just 48 hours before their next league game against Osasuna on 10 September.
This is the most international Real Madrid squad in recent years. Despite the injuries picked up by Keylor, Cristiano, Coentrao and Isco whilst on international duty, up to 14 Madrid players will fly this week to represent their countries in both friendlies and World Cup qualifiers. Zidane, who will be working with ten players on Tuesday (Keylor, Casilla, Yáñez, Nacho, Coentrao, Danilo, Isco, Cristiano, Benzema and Mariano), will be keen for his players not to be hit by the dreaded ‘FIFA Virus’, but instead return fit and healthy and ready for their next league game.
The Madrid coach’s biggest focus will be on his three South American players, Casemiro, Marcelo and James, who return just 48 hours before Los Blancos host Osasuna on 10 September (16:00 CET) in the Santiago Bernabéu.
That said, Real Madrid’s first-team squad also runs right through the Lopetegui’s first Spain squad, with Ramos, Carvajal, Lucas Vázquez, Morata and Asensio all called up. At the Euros only three Real Madrid players were involved. Gareth Bale, meanwhile, heads back to Cardiff after helping Wales reach the semi-finals in France, but Portugal will have to wait to call up Cristiano Ronaldo, who is still recovering from the ligament damage suffered in the final against hosts France.
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto157Passes
*Update 29 de agosto de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Lautaro Martínez's buy-out will drop to 111 million euros in July
- Premier League Chelsea eye Hazard goal replacement for UCL knockout
- Champions League Luke Shaw pokes fun at old Manchester United mate Lukaku
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw