Coentrao on Frank de Boer's wishlist
Inter Milan are considering bidding to Real Madrid full-back Fabio Coentrao on loan before the transfer window closes tonight at midnight, according to reports in Italy. New coach Frank de Boer is looking for a versatile player who can play both out wide and as a defensive midfielder and has identified Coentrao as a possible option.
The ideal back-up
Coentrao returned to Real Madrid this summer after spending last year on loan at AS Monaco but is still recovering from an injury to his right thigh suffered back in April which forced him to miss Portugal’s surprise Euro 2016 triumph.
Madrid consider him to be the ideal backup to Marcelo at left-back when fit and as a result it is unlikely that Zidane and the club would consider letting him go. Nevertheless, Inter will attempt to persuade the Bernabeu management to change their minds between now and midnight.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues