Mourinho making scouting a priority at Man Utd
José Mourinho has been shaking things up at Manchester United since he arrived this summer. The Portuguese coach has been changing the organisation at the club as he pleases, and his latest change comes at the same time as he deals a blow to Atlético Madrid.
Mourinho has signed Atleti's chief scout, Gerardo Guzmán, to join the scouting team at Old Trafford. Up to today, 31 August, Guzmán was in charge of finding young talent, under 23 years old, for Atlético Madrid.
Mou desperate to identify young talent first
Mourinho has made scouting one of his priorities at Manchester United, as he believes it's vital to be ahead of his European rivals in identifying and signing the best and brightest up-and-coming players.
Guzmán will join Kieran McKenna and Sandro Orlandelli at Old Trafford.
Atleti announce replacement for Guzmán
Despite the blow, Atlético have already responded, and have announced Guzmán's replacement, Natanael Cano 'Canito', who was sporting director at San Fernando, where he made contact with the Atlético hierarchy.
Recommended in English
- NFL Patriots vs Bills, Monday Night Football: five players to watch
- NFL Dalvin Cook ruled out of Vikings-Lions clash
- SOCIAL MEDIA Cassano explains Cristiano Ronaldo Whatsapp spat
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible line-up against Real Sociedad
- NBA Ten NBA records that might never be broken: Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar...
- NBA Winning Suns finally eclipsed as Warriors get revenge