BELGIUM 0 - 2 SPAIN | DIEGO COSTA
"If I was Spanish, and played for Madrid or Barça, they'd be saying what a great game I had"
Chelsea striker Diego Costa didn't mince his words as he spoke to reporters in the Mixed Zone after Thursday's 2-0 friendly win over BelgiumCopa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
Chelsea striker Diego Costa didn't mince his words as he spoke to reporters in the Mixed Zone after Thursday's 2-0 friendly win over Belgium.
Constant criticism: "Sometimes I get a lot of criticism... If I played for Real Madrid or Barcelona and I was Spanish-born, everyone would be saying what a great game I had - possibly my best performance with the national team. I can be useful. I was heavily involved in the match and I am going home happy, not like on other occasions".
Unhappy with the press: "Sometimes I dig myself a hole, but other times, with the slight comment, you create a media storm. Many times you may be right, I admit that I haven't done great things with the national team, I won't deny it. But when I play well, that should be mentioned. I have got the confuidence of my team mates and I hope to start scoring soon".
Message: "I get criticized for my character, but I have also got quality as a player... Sometimes I lose the plot a bit - like other players, but if it's me...".
Remaining true to yourself: "I'm not going to change however much they criticize me. I know that sometimes I make mistakes - I don't need anyone to tell me when I am in the wrong:I have a lot of people around me who tell me straight to my face which is the way it should be. Everyone loses their temper from time to time".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus