Real Madrid daily round-up: Cristiano, Isco, Ancelotti...
The squad trained this afternoon at Valdebebas with both Cristiano and Benzema back with the team. Isco, however, continues his recovery from an ankle injury.
Back to training
The squad trained at Valdebebas at 17.00 CEST this afternoon. Zidane was able to count on the majority of his players, except those still involved in international fixtures. Keylor Navas was back in training as he recovers from surgery.
Cristiano and Benzema back with the team
Cristiano and Benzema completed their first training session with the rest of the squad yesterday as part of their injury rehabilitation. Both could be declared fit and available for this Saturday’s game against Osasuna (16.00 CEST).
Isco still struggling with injury
Isco, who last week decided to stay at the Santiago Bernabéu despite being linked with both Tottenham and hometown club Málaga, continues to recover from an ankle sprain. Yesterday he trained away from the rest of the squad inside the gym.
Ancelotti: “Madrid let me go”
Former Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti spoke to German newspaper Die Welt about his exit from the club back in 2015. “It’s already known that Madrid let me go,” he said. “Stability at Madrid means always winning.”
Illegal state aid dispute
Mayor Madrid Manuela Carmena said on national radio yesterday that she expects the club to appeal the order to repay up to €18.4 million in illegal state aid. “I think they plan to appeal,” she said. “That seems to be the intention of the club president.”
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth