It's an image that the Real Madrid faithful have been anxious to see all season, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema finally training together with the rest of the squad. 102 days have passed since the three strikers last played together in that famous Milan night on May 28 which ended in Sergio Ramos lifting the club's eleventh European Cup after overcoming Atletico on a penalty shoot-out.
Cristiano has been recovering from his knee problem which the player from Madeira sustained in the final of Euro 2016 (July 10). The forward rejoined training with Real Madrid on August 10, working on a specific recovery programe. His work-load increased considerably last week with the striker working on shooting practice. This week saw him rejoin the rest of his team mates and will be on Zidane's short-list ahead of the home game against Osasuna on Saturday.
Karim Benzema also seems to have made a full recovery from his recent hip problems. The French player did make an appearance in the UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla in Norway but was substituted for Morata in the 58th minute. Since then he's been working with the club's team of physios and last week also increased his work volume and should be available for selection for Zinedine Zidane when the French coach announces his squad for Saturday's LaLiga match.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption