Dortmund on alert as Reus injury woe goes on and on
Borussia Dortmund star attacked Marco Reus has been out injured since the end of last season, and it's not clear he'll be fit to face Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Reus out injured
Questions surround Dortmund player Marco Reus' absence with injury. The German international is yet to play this season due to a groin injury, which saw him miss Euro 2016, and it's not clear when he'll back.
Reus was expected to be fit for Real Madrid match
The latest indications had suggested Reus might have been fit for the visit of Real Madrid in the second match day of the Champions League group stage, to be held on 27 September at 20:45, but now nobody even at the club is willing to speculate as to whether the attacker's return will be a question of days, weeks or even months.
Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel said thgis weekend that Reus' return wasn't "going to happen next week", while the club's sporting director Michael Zorc told Kicker magazine that it could be "weeks" and that the player was training in small doses and barely touching a football.
Reus injury showing no signs of clearing up
Reus' last game was against Bayern Munich in the German cup (Where Dortmund were beaten on penalties) and since then he's missed the Euros and now the start of the season with an injury that nobody knows how long it will take to clear up. For Zinedine Zidane it looks like there's one less headache to worry about on their forthcoming trip to Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"