Sevilla hold Juventus to gain valuable point in Turin
The Europa League Champions held firm against the Italian champions, picking up a potentially important point in their bid to qualify from Group H
A Gonzalo Higuain header that hit the crossbar was the closest Juventus came to breaking the deadlock in their Champions League Group H opener against Sevilla in Turin on Wednesday.
Sami Khedira, playing his 50th Champions League match and fifth for Juve, had two chances to put the Italians ahead in the opening quarter of an hour and Paulo Dybala was foiled by keeper Sergio Rico, who time and again kept Sevilla in the match.
Valuable point for Sevilla
Just before the hour was up Higuain headed a Dani Alves cross onto the bar in the clearest chance of the match.
Sergio Escudero had Sevilla's only effort on target in the 27th minute but it was easily dealt with by Juve keeper Gianluigi Buffon.
Europa League holders Sevilla lacked punch up front but will be pleased having taken a potentially valuable point.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash