Former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel joins Deportivo La Coruña
The Dutchman has officially signed until 31 December but said following his medical: "I’m 100% certain I’ll be here for the whole season.”
Former Ajax and Liverpool winger Ryan Babel signed for Deportivo La Coruña on Thursday after completing a medical.
The Dutchman, who has been without a club since leaving UAE side Al Ain earlier this year, has signed only until 31 December 2016, however there is an option to extend the deal depending on performance.
“I am really excited,” said the 29-year old. “It’s a dream made reality to play in La Liga. It’s the best league in the world next to the Premier League. I’m thankful to Deportivo for giving me this opportunity.
"I’m 100% certain I’ll be here for the whole season”
“They contacted me a few days ago and I didn’t have to think much about it. I’m 100% certain I’ll be here for the whole season.”
Babel was touted as a future star when he made his debut for Ajax aged just 17 but disappointing spells at Liverpool and Hoffenheim forced him off the radar.
After playing two seasons in the Turkish Super Lig for Kasımpaşa, he joined Al Ain but was released after failing to make an impact.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool