Carrasco warrants 100 million euro release clause
Yannick Carrasco's career is on a major upward curve. Another player who has been nurtured by and revived by Diego Simeone and is now regarded as one of Europe's finest players on the wishlist of many clubs including FC Barcelona.
Miguel Ángel Gil has a stern task ahead in retaining the Belgian international via re-negotiating his contract and establish a new buy-out clause which as it stands (40 million euro) is well within the budget for Europe's richest. The club need to consider placing on the same pedestal they created for Oblak and Griezmann with a 100 million euro clause otherwise is feasible that the player will be on his way next summer.
The 23 year old showed in the Bayern mid-week Champions League tie his versatility being able to perform on either wing and what was refreshing to see was his tracking back, an additional element to his game installed by "El Cholo". A key player in the Belgian international side and slowly becoming an idol at the Calderon through key goals as was the case on Wednesday the player is now a regular in any Atleti starting XI. The ball is now in the court of the sporting director and it's essential the Carrasco remains an Atleti player and not one where other clubs can prey on this pupil of "Cholismo".
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win