2018 WORLD CUP
Sansone and Darmian recalled by Italy, Balotelli overlooked
The Villarreal forward returns to the Azzurra but there is no place for centre-forward Balotelli who is back among the goals at Nice. Ventura calls Criscito and Perin.
Sansone and Darmian back in the Italy squad
The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has published Giampiero Ventura's squad list for this month's 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Spain and Macedonia. The coach decided against calling Balotelli, Zaza, Insigne and Jorginho, instead, bringing in Criscito, Darmian, Perin and Nicola Sansone - the latter earning his first call since June 2015 for his impressive performances with Villarreal.
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan), Mattia Perin (Genoa);
Defenders: Davide Astori (Fiorentina), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Angelo Obinze Ogbonna (West Ham), Alessio Romagnoli (AC Milan);
Midfielders: Federico Bernardeschi (Fiorentina), Giacomo Bonaventura (AC Milan), Antonio Candreva (Inter Milan), Domenico Criscito (Zenit), Matteo Darmian (Manchester United), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Mattia De Sciglio (AC Milan), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (AC Milan), Marco Parolo (Lazio), Marco Verratti (Paris-Saint Germain);
Forwards: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Eder Citadin Martins (Inter Milan), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Graziano Pellè (Shandong Luneng), Nicola Sansone (Villareal).
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2