How much time will James Rodriguez miss due to injury?
The Madrid player will arrive in Asunción (Paraguay) today and immediately will be looked at by the Colombian national team medical staff.Copa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
In the warm-up session prior to Real Madrid's LaLiga game against Eibar yesterday, Colombian international James Rodríguez suffered a Grade I muscular tear in his calf and played no role in the 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Real Madrid offered no time-frame in relation to the injury and the player will arrive in Paraguay later today to join his national team and will immediately be looked at by the Colombian medical staff to ascertain the seriousness of the injury.
World Cup 2018
The Colombian captain will be the last of the 26 man squad to arrive at the national team base in the Paraguayan capital as José Pékerman prepares for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers that will see "Los Cafeteros" face Paraguay and Uruguay.
It's highly anticipated that the Real Madrid player will play no role for Colombia in these matches but will be fit in time for Real Madrid's next LaLiga game as Zidane's men face Real Betis in Seville on October 15 (kick-off 20:45 CET).
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms