Reports link Santi Cazorla with Atletico Madrid as deal runs out
Speculation has intensified after the Arsenal man was quoted praising Simeone's side: “Atlético are a great club."
Cazorla deal runs out at the end of the seaon
Arsenal star Santi Cazorla is out of contract at the end of this season and, as things stand, is yet to renew his deal. And though he’s undeniably a key part of Arsene Wenger’s squad at the Emirates, the club is yet to offer him anything.
This lack of movement with regards to his contract has led to reports in the British press linking him with a move to Atlético Madrid. Cazorla himself is quoted as having praised the club and Simeone’s project at the Vicente Calderón, something that has only served to intensify speculation.
Atleti are a great club, says Cazorla
“Atlético are a great club. You only have to look at their results. Simeone is doing incredible things there,” he said. “It’s not easy to reach two Champions League finals and to win a league title.”
Any future move for Cazorla would depend on how his contract situation progresses during the season. It’s likely he will renew, but transfer speculation will continue until he does.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Asensio magic sets up Spain's Olympic final showdown with Brazil
- SOCCER Van Gaal named Netherlands head coach for third time
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest
- NBA Carmelo to join LeBron and the Lakers
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record