"Messi doesn't take proper care of himself" (Miadosqui)
This is the view of Jorge Miadosqui (Secretary for the Argentina national teams) following the Barça No.10's latest injury.
Argentina face Peru on Friday and then face the Paraguay national team as part of the CONMEBOL World Cup 2018 qualifiers.
For both games the "Albiceleste" will be without their key player Lionel Messi who is still recovering from the injury he sustained at Camp Nou during the league clash with Atlético Madrid. Jorge Miadosqui (Argentina's secretary for national teams) cast his view on the player from Rosario's recent spate of injuries:
“I think the national team look after injuries in a better way. We sent one of our doctors to supervise Augusto Fernández's operation and they also went to check in with Messi. It's important to look after all our players. The problem arises when the player doesn't take proper care of themselves as they want to play all the time. We're grateful to those players who play for Argentina and do it for the honor of the blue and white shirt”.
Miadosqui also talked about the relationship between national team and the Catalan club: “We have a normal relationship and we look forward to having Leo back to his best as soon as possible”.
The Barça striker is hoping to be ready for the Champions League fixture against Manchester City on October 19.
*Update 4 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers