Rubén Castro extends Betis contract until 2019
The Andalucian club and player have reached an agreement for a two-year extension, ruling out the proposal of a one-year prolongable arrangement.
New deal for Rubén Castro
Rubén Castro and Betis have reached an agreement to amplify the player's current contract by two years, taking him to June 2019. The new agreement will be made official in due course. Betis had initially proposed a one-year extension with the option of a second year based on performance and objectives-related criteria. But that idea was rejected in favour of a straight, two-year renewal.
Under his previous arrangement with the club, the 35-year-old would have been able to begin negotiations with other clubs in January as his contract was due to expire in June next year.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Beckham's Inter Miami make late bid for Edinson Cavani
- Football Kompany believes diversity in football needs to start at the top
- 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament Reinier stars in Brazil win as Tokyo 2020 qualification looms closer
- REAL ZARAGOZA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Another chance for Vinicius to impress
- Rumour Has It: Barcelona give up on Rodrigo, Fernandes to Man Utd finally done
- Copa del Reu Iñaki Williams thanks Tenerife fans for 'No to Racism' display