Spain unveil new away strip for World Cup qualification
The new shirt will replace the infamous 'paella vomit' kit worn at this summer's European Championships.
Spain have unveiled their new away strip to be used during the national team’s qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
White, with red and yellow trim
In-keeping with recent tradition, the new shirt is white with red and yellow trim. Adidas’ iconic three lines stream down the side of the shirt, which also features a red and yellow hem on the end of the sleeves. The shorts and socks remain unchanged.
Goodbye, paella vomit!
The new shirt replaces the infamous ‘paella vomit’ kit showcased by the squad at this summer’s European Championships - it's a little, ehem, 'cleaner' you could say - and will be worn for the first time on Sunday as Spain take on Albania in Skhodër.
Julen Lopetegui’s side have started their qualifying campaign strongly with a resounding 8-0 win over Liechtenstein and a hard-fought 1-1 draw with Italy. They currently sit in second place in Group G with 4 points behind leaders Albania.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history