Late Ramos lunge leaves Montolivo laid low until April
AC Milan's Riccardo Montolivo ruptured knee ligaments in a heavy collision with Spain defender Sergio Ramos during Italy's World Cup qualifier in Turin on Thursday.
Italian international midfielder Riccardo Montolivo was ruled out for six months on Friday after suffering a knee injury in the 1-1 draw against Spain in their World Cup qualifier.
Montolivo was hurt in a tackle with Spain defender Sergio Ramos in the game in Turin on Thursday.
His club AC Milan said that he had ruptured ligaments in his left knee and will require surgery, sidelining him for around six months.
Benassi called up
Uncapped Torino midfielder Marco Benassi has been called into the Italy squad for Sunday's qualifier against Macedonia.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59