Messi wants a release clause in his new contract - report
Although Lionel Messi is not planning on leaving anytime soon, the player wants to make sure he can finish his career in Argentina without being impeded by BarcelonaBarcelona vs Valencia: Copa del Rey semi-final 17/18
Lionel Messi’s contract renewal is one of Barcelona’s priority subjects right now, and the pending deal will be the Argentine’s eighth since he arrived at the club. However, Messi’s new agreement is set to include something that his previous contracts haven’t: a release clause.
Newell's Old Boys
According to Diario Gol, Messi will request that Barcelona promise to allow him to leave for Newell’s Old Boys when he wishes to call time on his career in Catalonia.
That is not to say that the player will depart Barcelona any time soon, however. Messi knows that he has a number of years left at the highest level and that he wants to remain at Camp Nou during that period.
Nevertheless, Messi’s desire to retire at his boyhood club in Argentina is not exactly a secret, and for that reason, the 28-year old wants to make sure that his exit to the Rosario-based side will not be impeded by Barcelona when the day finally comes.
Recommended in English
- NFL When and where is the 2021 Army vs Navy football game?
- NFL How can I get tickets to the 2021 Army-Navy game?
- NFL Who are Dallas Cowboys' most famous celebrity fans?
- SOCCER Mbappé: Real Madrid convinced PSG star's signing is in the bag
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Rangnick points to defensive frailty in first press conference
- NBA Lakers' LeBron James returns to the lineup