2016 CHINA OPEN
Murray sees off Dimitrov to take China Open
Andy Murray beat Grigor Dimitrov in straight sets to win the China Open on Sunday as he closes in on Novak Djokovic's number one ranking. Murray vs Wawrinka
Murray triumphs in China
Andy Murray beat Grigor Dimitrov in straight sets to win the China Open on Sunday as he closes in on Novak Djokovic's No.1 ranking.
The current world No.2 did not drop a set as he romped through the tournament to claim his fifth title of the year and 40th of his career with a 6-4, 7-6 (7/2) win.
The victory edges Murray 1,000 points closer to long-reigning world number one Djokovic, with the chance of toppling the Serbian and taking the top spot by the end of the year.
Murray broke Dimitrov's serve in the opening game of the match, putting the 15th-ranked Bulgarian on the defensive and pushing him to make 21 unforced errors in the opening set. In the second set, both held their serve through the first four games until Murray broke Dimitrov at 3-2.
It looked like the Scot would serve for the championship but the unseeded Bulgarian won the next 11 points, breaking Murray to love. Pushed to a tiebreak, the Scot immediately seized back control, taking the first point of the decider on Dimitrov's serve. Murray stormed through the tiebreak, dropping just two points to claim his first title in the Chinese capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night