Luis Enrique helped me become the player I am, says Nolito
Nolito and Luis Enrique worked together at Barcelona B before parting ways in 2011. They’ll meet again on Wednesday night in a Champions League tie full of juicy narratives.
Nolito has made a strong start to life in the Premier League with Manchester City, settling in well to Pep Guardiola’s system at the Etihad. This week the Cadiz-born forward will return to his old home, Barcelona, to face his former side in the Champions League and spoke to the British media about his memories of his time there.
Luis Enrique changed my attitude, says Nolito
According to Nolito, current Barça coach Luis Enrique was one of his biggest influences as he came through the ranks at the Camp Nou.
“He helped me see that I had to give more if I wanted to play in the first division,” he said. “Before meeting him my mentality, my attitude, was different. I thought I was fine as I was.”
Their paths will cross again in the Champions League
Nolito played for Barcelona’s B team in the lower leagues between 2008 and 2011, the same three seasons that Luis Enrique was in charge. After that the two parted ways. Lucho headed to Italy to try his luck, ultimately unsuccessfully, with Roma while Nolito signed for Benfica. This week the two will face off in somewhat more high-profile surroundings.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen