Luis Enrique helped me become the player I am, says Nolito
Nolito and Luis Enrique worked together at Barcelona B before parting ways in 2011. They’ll meet again on Wednesday night in a Champions League tie full of juicy narratives.
Nolito has made a strong start to life in the Premier League with Manchester City, settling in well to Pep Guardiola’s system at the Etihad. This week the Cadiz-born forward will return to his old home, Barcelona, to face his former side in the Champions League and spoke to the British media about his memories of his time there.
Luis Enrique changed my attitude, says Nolito
According to Nolito, current Barça coach Luis Enrique was one of his biggest influences as he came through the ranks at the Camp Nou.
“He helped me see that I had to give more if I wanted to play in the first division,” he said. “Before meeting him my mentality, my attitude, was different. I thought I was fine as I was.”
Their paths will cross again in the Champions League
Nolito played for Barcelona’s B team in the lower leagues between 2008 and 2011, the same three seasons that Luis Enrique was in charge. After that the two parted ways. Lucho headed to Italy to try his luck, ultimately unsuccessfully, with Roma while Nolito signed for Benfica. This week the two will face off in somewhat more high-profile surroundings.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?