Real Madrid, the only side not to have lost since April...
The acute rash of draws suffered by Real Madrid in the last few weeks has stopped us seeing the reality of how well things are going under coach Zinedine Zidane. Since April no player in a Real Madrid shirt has headed off to the shower with the bitter taste of defeat in their mouth. It's what's called Felizidane (a play on the Spanish word for happy: feliz). And not only that, but in this time, the allegedly all powerful Barcelona of Luis Enrique has lost... five games!
Barcelona lost to Real Madrid in the Clásico at the Camp Nou (1-2), against Real Sociedad at Anoeta (1-0), against Atleti in the Calderón in the return leg of the Champions League (2-0), against Alavés at the Camp Nou (1-2) and against Celta in Balaídos on Ter Stegen's great night (4-3).
Five defeats to Real Madrid's none...
Simeone's Atleti have also been beaten
Simeone's Atleti have had a better time of it than Barcelona, but they've still lost three times. Against Barça in the Camp Nou in the first leg of the Champions League (2-1), against Bayern Munich (though they classified for the final in Milan) and against Levante in el Ciutat (2-1). I'm not counting as a defeat what happened in the San Siro, because at the end of the day after 120 minutes the sides finished level. That said, the Undécima, the 11th European Cup, was lifted by Real Madrid, led by Zidane. A magician nobody has been able to best in six long months...
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United