Real Madrid have confirmed the contract extension that will see Luka Modric play at the Santiago Bernabeu through to 2020.
A press conference will be held tomorrow to formalize the news and Florentino Perez and the Zadar born player will be in attendance. The Croatian's current deal expired on June 30, 2018.
31 year old Luka Modric arrived at Real Madrid in the summer of 2012 following months of intense negotiation with Premier League outfit Tottenham. Eventually a deal was brokered which saw the player swap North London for Madrid in exchange for 40 million euro. Previously Modric made the move from Dinamo Zagreb to Spurs for 18 million euro.
Modric has played 180 senior games for Real Madrid, scoring 11 goals and providing 27 assists and has become a key player at the heart of the club's midfield.
Modric's renewal come six days after Madrid confirmed Toni Kroos' contract extension. which will see the German play his football at Madrid through to 2022.
Bale and Ronaldo next?
It's highly anticipated that Madrid also close contract extensions to both Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bales' respective deals in the forthcoming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash