Atlético: Carrasco already level with 2015/16 goal return
Yannick Carrasco has taken just 11 games to equal his Atlético Madrid haul for the whole of last season.
On-fire Yannick Carrasco was once again Atlético Madrid's Champions League match-winner on Wednesday evening as his second-half goal earned Los Rojiblancos a 1-0 group-stage victory away to Rostov.
The Belgian's strike, which leaves Atlético top of Group D with nine points from nine, was his second of the season in Europe and his fifth in all competitions - meaning he's already equalled his overall tally from last term.
Five in 11 matches; last term it took 43
Having hit the decisive goal in Atleti's 1-0 triumph over Bayern Munich on Champions League matchday two, the 23-year-old then bagged a superb hat-trick in Saturday's 7-1 LaLiga thrashing of Granada, before netting in Russia.
In 2015/16, his maiden season at the Vicente Calderón, Carrasco took 43 games to bring up five goals; this year, he has needed just 11 appearances.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass