Atlético: Carrasco already level with 2015/16 goal return
Yannick Carrasco has taken just 11 games to equal his Atlético Madrid haul for the whole of last season.
On-fire Yannick Carrasco was once again Atlético Madrid's Champions League match-winner on Wednesday evening as his second-half goal earned Los Rojiblancos a 1-0 group-stage victory away to Rostov.
The Belgian's strike, which leaves Atlético top of Group D with nine points from nine, was his second of the season in Europe and his fifth in all competitions - meaning he's already equalled his overall tally from last term.
Five in 11 matches; last term it took 43
Having hit the decisive goal in Atleti's 1-0 triumph over Bayern Munich on Champions League matchday two, the 23-year-old then bagged a superb hat-trick in Saturday's 7-1 LaLiga thrashing of Granada, before netting in Russia.
In 2015/16, his maiden season at the Vicente Calderón, Carrasco took 43 games to bring up five goals; this year, he has needed just 11 appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'