Barcelona full-back Jordi Alba is set to miss up to two weeks of action after limping off during Barcelona’s 4-0 Champions League win over Manchester City on Wednesday night.
Alba out for two weeks with hamstring injury
Tests were conducted by medical staff this morning and the club has now confirmed that Alba is likely to be out for “approximately two weeks” after having “strained the hamstring in his left leg.”
Alba will miss Barcelona’s next two LaLiga games, the first against Valencia on October 20th and the second against Granada at the Camp Nou on October 29th.
Like his fellow defender Gerard Piqué, who was also substituted in the first half after injuring his ankle, Alba will miss the Catalan Super Cup final against Espanyol on October 26th and Barcelona’s trip to face Manchester City at the Etihad in the Champions League on November 1st.
Barcelona immediate fixture list
|Saturday||October 22||16:15||Valencia - Barcelona||Liga|
|Wednesday||October 26||TBC||Barcelona - Espanyol||Catalan Super Cup|
|Saturday||October 29||20:45||Barcelona - Granada||Liga|
|Tuesday||November 1||20:45||Manchester City - Barcelona||Champions League|
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers